Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
    020 7237 3388
    (UK Local Number, 1p per min)
    ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre,
    Lower Road, London SE16 2XB

UK Work Permits | UK Tier 1 Visas | UK Tier 2 Visas

UK Working Visas | Working in the UK

The working visas in the UK starts from the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa to business working visas such as the Tier 1 Start Up and Tier 1 Innovator’s visa. It further looks at businesses and organisations to employ migrants under the Tier 2 categories.

There are a small numbers of other non-sponsored working categories but the Home Office have limited the number of working visas on that basis. We will see changes being enforced with the new immigration categories being introduced and we will add those, as changes happen. Usually the Home Office announces the “statement of changes”, which must be approved by parliament prior those being incorporated into the immigration rules.

It is important that you do not rely on information published on our website because this part of the immigration rules is constantly being changed. Our website is for general purposes only and must not be used to substitute legal advice.

On a working visa for the UK, your sponsor will need to provide a work permit document also known as a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) which then allows you to apply for the visa itself. In reference to the business visas, such as the Tier 1 Start Up or the Tier 1 Innovator visa, this does not require a CoS however you will need an endorsement from an approved endorsing agencies & you will find useful information on your left.

Evidences required for a working visa in the UK

All the listed working visas require supporting information and documents to support the visa applications. Depending on the category of visa you intend to apply, there are some specified documents you will require to support the visa application. When providing documents to the Home Office, this must include translated documents in English.

Business plans and financial reports

Where you would be applying under the business categories, it is required for you to submit a business plan with financial forecasting. ICS Legal can advise and support on the business plan. Please email us on info@icslegal.com or you can speak to one of our friendly client support team member on 0207 237 338, who can answer any questions related to the business plan & how ICS Legal works.

General grounds of refusal on the working visas

As the working visas lead to indefinite leave to remain, the Home Office must be satisfied that you are a person of good character. If you meet the requirements of the visa category, your application can still be refused under the general grounds of refusal.

Termination of your employment under the working visas

The business visa categories can be cancelled if your endorsing body does not see any progress on your business and finds that you have not reported within the time frame set out.

Where you hold a Tier 1 Exceptional talent visa or similar visa, there cannot be any curtailment made on those unless you breach conditions of your visa. Finally on the Tier 2 visas, your sponsor can cancel your Certificate of Sponsorship which can result in your visa being curtailed and reduced to 60 days.

You may be able to extend your leave on another immigration category but you must take legal advice if you intend to do so. ICS Legal UK Immigration Lawyers can advise and support on other immigration applications that may be suitable for you.  

General point scoring under the working visas

The key requirements on the point based system is that you must meet the relevant points scoring and those are published on the immigration rules.

Administrative review on working visas

If your application under the working visa is refused, then you will be able to request a review of the decision. This is to identify any case working errors made by the Home Office at the date of application. You cannot provide new information or evidences at the date of application.

Taking legal advice on a working visa in the UK

We at ICS Legal will provide guidance and correct advice on which route to apply under the settlement based work visas and we find this is essential when considering working in the UK. You can speak to one of our UK Immigration Lawyers on 0207 237 3388 or you can email us at info@icslegal.com.

ICS Legal : UK Immigration Advice | UK Visas | Partners & Marriage Visas | Tier 1 Start-up, Tier 1 Innovator & Tier 1 Investor Visas | British Citizenship. ICS Legal is part of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. The content and the source codes contained in this page and subsequent pages of www.icslegal.com are the property of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. Company Reg Company No. 08703375. Company Registered in England & Wales. By logging into the site, you have accepted our terms and conditions and must abide accordingly. Unauthorised reproduction and copying is strictly prohibited. Selective contents of the website have been re-produced in accordance to Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI). ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd holds PSI Licence and licence number is C2009002244. Parliamentary Licence number is P2009000241. 

The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.

Stay in touch

Subscribe to receive our latest immigration alerts