Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
    020 7237 3388
    (UK Local Number, 1p per min)
    ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre,
    Lower Road, London SE16 2XB

Tier 2 Visa | Working in the UK under Sponsorship

The UK tier 2 is a general work visa, and it is part of the British Point Based System. Tier 2 visa UK is offered to the highly skilled workers from outside the EEA and Switzerland to the United Kingdom. The tier 2 visa UK holder can live in the UK for five years, but applicants have a chance to extend. If you would like to get tier 2 jobs UK, you need a sponsor. Sponsor means who is a British citizen or has permanent resident. The tier 2 work visa UK is a general work visa for the skilled worker in a specific field. The processing of the tier 2 visa requires a very short time. The UK tier 2 visa 2021 requires three weeks to processing.

What is the tier 2 visa requirements 2021?

Tier 2 work visa allows people to come and live in the United Kingdom with an eligible job. The skilled work visa is replaced with the tier 2 general work visa. There are some tier 2 visa requirements 2021, such as

  • Age limit more than 18 years
  • Applicant needs a legal job offer from a UK sponsor
  • You must have assigned with legal Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) number from the employer
  • You will be paid an exact salary above the small salary threshold of £20,800
  • Applicant requires to fulfil English language need
  • You have to show maintenance funds of £945 so that you can get support with this money

What is the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) for tier 2 visa 2021?

The UK tier 2 visa required a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). The Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) is an electronic record of the job information, and personal information is recorded in the CoS. The Certificate of Sponsorship is a digital certificate reference number, but it is not a paper document. Your sponsor will provide you CoS number, and you will need a CoS number for legal tier 2 visa application. This number will be granted for three months from the issue date, and it will be useable for one application.

How to get ILR after tier 2 visa in 2021?

The ILR is the Indefinite Leave to Remain. It is one kind of permanent resident in the United Kingdom. There is a limitation to obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain. The applicants must live in the UK for at least five years without leave. After five years’ applicant can apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). There are some requirements to get Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or permanent house in the United Kingdom, such as

  • Applicant must spend five years continuously in the United Kingdom
  • ILR applicant salary must be at least £35,000 (yearly)
  • ILR applicants have to meet Knowledge of Language and Life (KoLL) requirements
  • Applicants need to provide specific supportive documents (bank statement, legal passport, and others)

If you fulfil the above requirements, then you will get Indefinite Leave to Remain facilities. If you become qualified for the ILR, you will never have any immigration limitations, and you can work, travel, and take leave to go home. It is noted that you cannot live more than two years outside the United Kingdom after approving ILR, which may lead to losing your Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

What are the requirements for tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer?

In 2021 the tier 2 Intra Company Transfer allows the employee to transfer to the United Kingdom from an overseas branch to work on a specific project. For this reason, a highly skilled and qualified employer is offered on the specific project. There are two categories of Intra-Company Transfer such as

  • Short term
  • Long term

The tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) is available for the highly skilled person, contributing to the UK economy. Such kinds of employees have been offered to the overseas organizations in the UK branch. There are some requirements on tier 2 visa Intra-Company Transfer for the eligible person.

  • The eligible person must have score 60 points for their attribute. This score will include a sponsorship certificate and an appropriate salary.
  • The eligible persons have to receive a job offer from a UK based employer with a legal sponsorship certificate.
  • You have to get 10 points for maintenance.

How to assess the points on tier 2 visa Intra-Company Transfer (ICT)?

Tier 2 visa Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) allows the multinational company to transfer. The employee to the UK branch from their global operation. The eligible employee needs 60 assessment points for the ICT process.

  • The employee must have a sponsorship certificate score of around 30 points.
  • Appropriate salary 20 points
  • Eligible candidates must have 10 points for maintenance.

If you would like to acquire maintenance requirements, you must show a legal. The reasonable financial statement of £800, which covers your maintenance requirement. It is noted that if you live in the UK under a tier 2 ICT visa, you cannot apply for a permanent residence or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) because a tier 2 ICT visa is designed for the transfer.

How much is the application cost of tier 2 visa in 2021?

All of the UK visas require some time to be processed successfully. The tier 2 visa is a general work visa, and it also takes some time to be processed. Tier 2 work visa UK usually takes around three weeks when you apply from outside the United Kingdom. The tier 2 visa application cost depends on the type of UK visa application like job category, country of the applicant. In 2021 the application cost of a tier 2 visa is £610, but you have to pay a health care surcharge, because if you live in the UK for more than six months then, you have to pay Healthcare Surcharge fees. The UK government already announced their plan about Covid tier 2 rules UK. The restriction from the UK government will be placed till 21 June 2021. The UK government has enforced a new national lockdown in the United Kingdom. These rules have also been imposed on the tier 2 visa and not only for England but also Northern Ireland and Wales also under lockdown.

Get in touch with our Expert Immigration Lawyers to Prepare How to Apply for a Tier 2 Visa

If you would like to get tier 2 jobs UK, first of all, you have to find your required field. After that, you have to put your application to such kinds of one or more companies. If the company owner chooses you as a qualified person, the company owner will be your sponsor. The sponsor will take your viva on the required field, and after the interview, if you become eligible for that job. They will provide you with some documents you need. After that, you can come to the United Kingdom for a general work visa or tier 2 working visa. If you come to the United Kingdom on a tier 2 visa, you will be valid for three years, but you will have a chance to extend a UK tier 2 visa. If you would like to do the UK tier 2 visa extension, you have to apply for a visa extension 60 days before it currently expires. You can apply for an extension on a tier 2 visa UK for two or three years. It is noted that if you come to the UK on a general work visa, you can apply many times to extend your work visa by submitting your legal and eligible documents.

How much time is required to extend a tier 2 visa?

Everything needs time to be processed, but the UK tier 2 visas also need some time to be processed. The extension time for the UK general work visa is around eight weeks, but it depends on the UK Home Office caseload and the quality of the submission. You have to provide some supportive documents for a work visa extension, such as

  • Fir of all, you need a UK travel document or current legal passport
  • Biometric information
  • You need NIB (National Insurance number) (if required)
  • Proof your English proficiency
  • Your sponsorship certificate with reference number
  • You have to show your bank statement

The family member or children of the general work visa holder can come to the UK by the dependent visa. The dependent visa applicants of the UK tier 2 visa holders can work in the United Kingdom, and they can access the (NHS) National Health Services for medical care. There are different kinds of cities whereas tier 4 is applicable such as East Midlands, West Midland, East of England, North East London, and North West South East but there is no recent tier 2 cities in the UK. It means that you can work anywhere around the UK. Tier two visa UK is a general work visa where highly skilled workers are offered to the United Kingdom. They can live for three years and extend for a further period.

ICS Legal is one of the leading immigration law firms, and we have very professional immigration solicitors or immigration lawyers. We work for different kinds of UK visas. ICS Legal is hugely adept at assisting with the UK tier 2 visa extension application process. If you face any problem, you can consult with our immigration lawyers to provide you with a better solution. Get in touch with us to get your better service.

UK Visas And Immigration UK spouse visa UK Immigration Lawyers UK Fiance Visa

Call us today on 0207 237 3388 or e-mail us your circumstances to info@icslegal.com when you. You are strongly advised to take legal advice prior to applying for Professional Indemnity Insurance. This page is for information purposes only.

ICS Legal : UK Immigration Advice | UK Visas | Partners & Marriage Visas | Tier 1 Start-up, Tier 1 Innovator & Tier 1 Investor Visas | British Citizenship. ICS Legal is part of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. The content and the source codes contained in this page and subsequent pages of www.icslegal.com are the property of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. Company Reg Company No. 08703375. Company Registered in England & Wales. By logging into the site, you have accepted our terms and conditions and must abide accordingly. Unauthorised reproduction and copying is strictly prohibited. Selective contents of the website have been re-produced in accordance to Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI). ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd holds PSI Licence and licence number is C2009002244. Parliamentary Licence number is P2009000241. 

The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.

Stay in touch

Subscribe to receive our latest immigration alerts