Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
    020 7237 3388
    (UK Local Number, 1p per min)
    ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre,
    Lower Road, London SE16 2XB

Scale-up Worker Visa

The immigration program Scale-up Worker visa allows a migrant to enter the UK on an initial period of 6 months to be employed by their Sponsors, who are classed as a scale-up business. 

To apply for the visa, you can do so 3 months prior to the date of application. The visa program allows you to settle in the UK after a continuous period of 5 years residency. 

Apply for the Scale-up Worker visa

To apply for the Scale-up Worker visa, you must have been offered an employment with an approved scale-up business visa and have a certificate of sponsorship issued in support of your application. 

The employment code must be on the eligible occupations and must be paid a minimum salary in the new employment. You must meet the English language and financial requirements at the date of application. 

Unsponsored permission

You can apply for an unsponsored permission as a Scale-up Worker visa, if you have been employed 6 months prior to the date of application.

In evidence, you must demonstrate the PAYE earnings are met and are able to provide evidence at the date of application. 

Refusal of your Scale-up Worker visa

If your application for certificate of sponsorship is refused or that the visa application had not been granted, please email us the decision letter to info@icslegal.com, so we can advise on the next steps for you. Alternatively, you can speak to us on 0207 237 3388. 

Taking legal advice on the Scale-up Worker visa

We at ICS Legal will provide guidance and correct advice on the Scale-up Worker visa. The visa requires the employer to hold a sponsor licence. This must be applied prior to making an application for the Scale-up Worker visa. 

You can speak to one of our UK Immigration Lawyers on 0207 237 3388 or you can email us at info@icslegal.com if you are considering to apply under the Global Talent Visa. 

Most frequently asked questions on the Scale-up Worker visa?

We have put together some common questions asked on the visa immigration program and we hope you find this helpful. 

How long is the visa granted for? The initial grant of the visa is for 2 years. After that period, you can apply for an extension and be granted for a period of 3 years. Completing the 5 years would allow you to apply for indefinite leave to remain. 

Can you apply for family members as dependants? Yes, you will need to submit separate visa applications and meet the financial test. 

Can I become self-employed in the UK under the Scale-up Worker visa? Yes, after a priod of 6 months employment in the UK. 


Most Visited

ICS Legal : UK Immigration Advice | UK Visas | Partners & Marriage Visas | Tier 1 Start-up, Tier 1 Innovator & Tier 1 Investor Visas | British Citizenship. ICS Legal is part of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. The content and the source codes contained in this page and subsequent pages of www.icslegal.com are the property of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. Company Reg Company No. 08703375. Company Registered in England & Wales. By logging into the site, you have accepted our terms and conditions and must abide accordingly. Unauthorised reproduction and copying is strictly prohibited. Selective contents of the website have been re-produced in accordance to Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI). ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd holds PSI Licence and licence number is C2009002244. Parliamentary Licence number is P2009000241. 

The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.

Stay in touch

Subscribe to receive our latest immigration alerts