Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
    020 7237 3388
    (UK Local Number, 1p per min)
    ICS Legal, 7 Bell Yard, London, WC2A 2JR
    Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
    020 7237 3388
    (UK Local Number, 1p per min)
    ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre,
    Lower Road, London SE16 2XB

UK Fiance Visa Advice And Immigration Assistance

UK Fiance Visa, fiance visa uk, fiance visa, fiance visa uk cost, apply for fiance visa uk, uk fiance visa requirements

The UK fiance visa or fiancee visa is a visa category allowing a person to come to the UK to marry. People who are planning to marry a British citizen or permanent resident in the UK may apply for a fiancee /fiance visa uk in order to do this. Fiance visa uk cost is very reasonable, should apply for this if you want to stay in UK.  Unlike most other visas of its kind, there is no requirement that the applicant and the sponsor have lived together before applying. You must also marry your fiancée or register your civil partnership within 6 months of your arrival if fulfil the uk fiance visa requirements. You can then apply to switch into the category of spouse visa or civil partner visa if you intend to stay.

What is a Fiance Visa UK?

The UK fiance visa is almost comparable with a UK spouse visa, or UK marriage visa. Who are the British citizens, and who have permanent residence, or who are living in the UK more than six months? Such kind of peoples can apply for fiance visa UK. But there is one thing here, if you bring your fiancé to the UK then, you have to marry within six months after arriving in the UK. most of the people would like to live in the UK for a long time, or people would like to become UK citizens. For this reason, people adopt different kinds of way to get UK citizenship. If the fiance visa applicant brings their fiancé to the UK they have a chance to get permanent residence, and if their child is born in the UK they will be British citizens.

Am I Eligible for a Fiancé Visa?

You have to submit fiance visa UK required documents because UK immigration will justify your document, and if you become eligible then you will get fiancé visa. You are eligible to apply for a UK fiance visa if you satisfy the following criteria:

  • You and your fiancé must be over 18 years old.
  • You must have met each other.
  • You must plan to live together permanently after your marriage.

How Much is a Fiance Visa UK Cost

The fiance visa UK cost is divided into two portions. The one portion is you can apply from outside the UK, and another portion you can apply from the inside the UK. If you apply for fiance visa UK from outside the United Kingdom, then you have to pay £1,523 for UK fiance visa cost. And £1,033 is required to apply from inside the United Kingdom. If we clear you about fiance visa UK cost, it will be clear to you that where the money goes. Suppose you already applied from outside the UK then your application fee will be £1,523, and UK fiance visa cost is included within £1,523 such as

  • Your legal fee is £285 to £1850, or more
  • Your bank statement cost £0 to 80
  • Your title deeds copy is £3
  • English language proficiency test (IELTS) £150
  • Your priority visa service is £573, or more
  • Medical test report £65 to 110

Fiance Visa UK Financial Requirements or the Financial Adequacy Test

You will need to show that your partner in the UK has a gross annual income of at least £18,600. If you are also bringing a child with you (who is not British, an EEA national or otherwise settled in the UK), your spouse or partner’s gross annual income will have to be £22,400. For each additional child, add £2,400 to this total to see how much income your spouse or partner will need to have.

If you are already in the UK and you are working legally, then you can rely on your own gross income as well as your spouse or partner’s income, or instead of theirs. If your income is not enough then you may be able to rely on savings instead of your income or in addition to it. Your savings will have to be at least £16,000. If your spouse or partner is receiving benefits for a disability, then you will not be required to show such a high income or level of savings.

If you are already in the UK but you cannot meet all of the requirements set out above – for example, because you do not have enough money – then you may still be able to apply for UK fiance visa. If you apply on the basis of the fiance visa UK requirements and your application is successful, then you will be eligible for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years.

How Long Does a Fiance Visa take UK ?

Visa application processing times vary considerably from country to country and from Consulate to Consulate. On average the fiance visa process can take two to three months. Some countries, such as Japan, Brazil, Taiwan, Canada and the US have an expedited service. Premium applications, where available, are normally processed within 10 to 15 days.

Sometimes a question appears, suppose we have submitted our application to the UK Border Agency (UKBA) but I need my passport returned urgently, will this pose a problem?

Suppose you have made a mistake in your application form, then you can contact the UK visa and immigration (UKVI) to return back or cancel your application. But there is one thing here, if the UK visa and immigration (UKVI) is not started your visa processing, then your application cost will be refunded. If such a thing happens then you should wish to have your passport returned, your application will be deemed withdrawn.

How Long Can you Stay in the UK on this Visa?

The fiance visa UK grants you entry to the UK for a period of six months during which time you are required to marry your fiance in the UK. Once you are married you can apply for a spouse visa UK.

The spouse visa enables you to work in the UK and will initially be granted for a period of 30 months. After spending five years on a spouse visa then, you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as long as your marriage is subsisting and you can continue to meet the financial requirements.

How It works and the Conditions of the UK Fiance Visa

Successful applicants are granted a 6 months’ visa in which they come to the UK and get married. They are not allowed to work while on this visa. Applicants must then apply for a marriage visa once married successfully, you can be held for a total of 60 months, then the applicants will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).  

Bringing your Dependents to the UK

If you and your fiance have children under the age of 18 they are only allowed to enter the UK as your dependants. If it can be proved that it would cause serious problems if they are not allowed to enter the UK at the same time. Such as, it may be a better option to wait until you and your fiance are married before making an application for the entry of your dependents.

All partners, spouses, civil partners and fiancés must be able to prove that they can speak and understand the English language. As part of your application, you will need to provide evidence to show that you have passed an English language test from an approved test provider.

How to get a Fiance Visa UK?

There are some UK fiance visa requirements. If you would like to qualify for a UK fiance visa then, you must satisfy the following criteria of fiance visa UK required documents.

If your partner comes to the United Kingdom by fiance visa then, you will be eligible to apply for a spouse visa, it is a great opportunity to get permanent residence in the UK. As part of your visa application you will need to demonstrate:

  • You intend to marry your fiance within the six-month duration of the visa.
  • Both of your age limit need more than 18 years’ old
  • There will be adequate accommodation for you and any dependents, and that you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants without the support of public funds.
  • Any of your or your fiancé's previous relationships (married or unmarried) must have ended.
  • There will be adequate accommodation for you and any dependents, and that you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants without the support of UK public funds.
  • Your fiancé earns more than £18,600 per year or has enough savings to be able to support you without claiming public funds. If you have dependent children, the minimum financial requirement is higher.
  • You must satisfy the English language requirements. (English proficiency test)
  • There will be enough accommodation between you.

These are the UK fiance visa requirements if you would like to bring your fiancé to the UK then you have to obey those requirements. Once you have had your marriage or civil partnership, you will be able to apply to switch into the spouse or civil partner category. You will then need to meet the fiance visa UK requirements set out above in relation to spouses and civil partners.

What do you need to know about Fiance Visas?

You are able to apply for leave to remain as a partner once the marriage has taken place. After you are married, you may apply for further leave to remain in the UK beyond the six-month period of the fiancé visa. After 60 months of lawful limited leave as a partner then, you will be eligible for indefinite leave to remain. After 12 months of indefinite leave to remain, you are able to apply for naturalization.

Only after a fiancé, a visa is changed to a marriage visa are you able to start work and hold the same rights as your spouse. Children of the relationship who are under 18 years old are allowed entry to the UK as dependants and can make their application at the same time as the applicant fiancé.

How can I marry my British fiance(e) in the UK?

Firstly, you must apply for a fiance visa from overseas. British fiance visa category is specifically designed for British citizens and legal permanent residents who wish to bring their foreign fiancee to the UK. The settlement fiancee visa must not be confused with a marriage visitor visa which is used by non-EEA/EU nationals to come to the UK to marry only with no intention of staying in the UK after the wedding.

How long is the UK Fiance Visa valid for?

The UK fiancee visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance. The marriage must take place in the UK within six months. Settlement fiance visa form UK holders are eligible to switch into the spousal visa (further leave to remain or FLRm) category from inside the UK.

What is the UK Engagement Visa?

The UK fiance visa is also called engagement visa UK. Time is a crucial factor if you apply for the engagement visa UK then, you will need 6 to 8 weeks to proceed. A Fiancé visa allows the person to live in the UK for six months, and you have to marry your fiancé within six months.

You will be glad to know that, after marrying your fiancé, you will be qualified to apply for the UK spouse visa. If you get a UK spouse visa, then you will be able to study, work, travel all over the UK. It means that you will never have any immigration limitations. And you will get Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after the 5 years.

I am currently in the UK on a Fiancee Visa, will I face any problem because of my wedding postpone?

Normally, the UK fiancee visa cannot be extended beyond the six-month period unless the couple has a legitimate reason for requesting an extension, such as injury, illness or family emergency. If you have had to postpone your wedding, it is advisable to seek legal assistance so that you do not breach the conditions attached to your visa.

Unlawful presence (overstay) can hinder your chances of getting the spousal visa (further leave to remain) from within the UK, even if you are legally married to your sponsor.

Can you work on a UK Fiance Visa?

Fiance visa holders are not allowed to work in the UK. No exemptions. If you take up employment or work as a self-employed person you will be in breach of your visa conditions.

Do I need to take any Tests Before Applying for the Fiance Visa?

Most of the fiance visa applicants need to prove their English proficiency test (like IELTS) before their UK fiancé visa application. But who have a degree which was taught, or researched in English and recognised by UK NARIC as meeting or exceeding the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s degree in the UK only such kind of persons does not need english proficiency test.

How to apply for UK Fiance Visa

I am currently in the UK visiting my fiance, can I apply from here? A settlement fiance visa application can only be made from outside the UK. But if you want you can apply for the spouse visa in the UK. If you get a spouse visa, then you will never have any UK immigration limitation. Your spouse visa will be valid for 30 months after that you have to extend it for the next 30 months. After the 5 years, or 60 months you will be qualified for the indefinite leave to remain (ILR).

The Relationship Between my Fiancée and I have Terminated, What happens now?

If your relationship has terminated the UKBA can be advised of the situation. If you don’t get married within six months of the fiance visa validity period, you will have to leave the UK.

I was in the UK on a fiance visa, but our relationship did not work out at the time and I went back to my home country. My former fiance and I have been in touch since then and now want to re-apply for fiance visa UK. What are my chances?

The second UK fiance visa will be more difficult to obtain. You and your fiance must be prepared to explain to the examining UK Border Agency officials why your relationship did not work out the first time and why you believe it will lead to a marriage the second time. Your application may be refused, if the UKBA examiners suspect that you are using the fiance visa as a way to spend time in the UK, which would normally require a general visitor visa, with no intention to marry and settle in the UK together in the foreseeable future.

I have a valid Visitor Visa Can I enter the UK as a Visitor and marry my Fiance?

The visitor visa is not designed for this purpose. If you plan on getting married in the UK within six months, you must apply for a suitable settlement fiancee visa or visit for a marriage visa. Hypothetically, even if you were able to get married in the UK on a visitor visa.

You would be required to leave the country to apply for a spousal visa to settle in the UK with your partner as visitor visa holders are not eligible to switch into the spousal visa (further leave to remain or FLR (M) category from inside the UK.

Will I be allowed to Travel outside the UK after the Marriage?

The initial UK fiance visa is valid for multiple entries up until the point of marriage. You must not leave the country after the wedding as the minute you marry your loved one in the UK, your fiance visa technically becomes invalid for reentry.

You must apply for the spousal visa (further leave to remain or FLRm) to extend your permission to live in the UK. You will initially be granted a provisional or “conditional” visa with an option to apply for residence (indefinite leave to remain or ILR) in approximately five years.

Legal Advice UK Immigration Lawyers UK Spouse Visa

  If you want to enquire about our services, Call us today on 0207 237 3388 or e-mail us your circumstances to info@icslegal.com. You are strongly advised to take legal advice prior to applying for the UK Fianc(é)e Visa. This page is for information purposes only.

ICS Legal : UK Immigration Advice | UK Visas | Partners & Marriage Visas | Tier 1 Start-up, Tier 1 Innovator & Tier 1 Investor Visas | British Citizenship. ICS Legal is part of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. The content and the source codes contained in this page and subsequent pages of www.icslegal.com are the property of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. Company Reg Company No. 08703375. Company Registered in England & Wales. By logging into the site, you have accepted our terms and conditions and must abide accordingly. Unauthorised reproduction and copying is strictly prohibited. Selective contents of the website have been re-produced in accordance to Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI). ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd holds PSI Licence and licence number is C2009002244. Parliamentary Licence number is P2009000241. 

The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.