Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Studying in the UK >> Child Student >&g back button

Most visited:

Child Student Visa | Visa to the UK

Child Student Visa is the route to educate your children in the UK. The UK renowned for its educational excellence, at ICS Legal we work with families all over the world to ensure that the children obtain the best education possible. We can provide a full managed service to ensure the relocation is completed without any impact to the entry visa.

At ICS Legal, we provide support on applying for the child student visit visa, click here to complete the visa assessment form. You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.

You must also:

  1. have a place on a course;

  2. have the consent of your parent or guardian;

  3. have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs;

  4. be from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;

  5. meet the eligibility requirements

How long it will take
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can check visa processing times for your country.

It costs £322 to apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa from outside the UK. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

How long you can stay
Your age and the length of your course of study will affect how long you can stay.

  1. Under 16, this would be course length (up to 6 years) plus 4 months afterwards.

  2. 16 or 17, this would be course length (up to 3 years) plus 4 months afterwards.

You can arrive in the UK

  • up to 1 week before your course starts if your course lasts 6 months or less;

  • up to 1 month before your course starts if your course lasts more than 6 months.

What you can and can’t do
You can:

  • study at an independent school;

  • apply from outside the UK;

  • apply to extend your stay.

You can also work, if you’re 16 or over:

  • part-time during term for up to 10 hours per week;

  • full-time during vacations;

  • on a work placement as part of your course, (but not for more than 50% of your course time);

  • as a student union sabbatical officer for up to 2 years.

You can’t:

  • study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school) or further education college;

  • get public funds;

  • take a full-time permanent job or be self-employed;

  • work as a doctor or dentist in training;

  • work as a professional sportsperson (eg a sports coach) or entertainer;

  • settle in the UK on this visa;

  • bring in family members (‘dependants’) - if your parents want to accompany you, they’ll need to apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) visa

Call us today on 0207 237 3388 for some initial legal advice for the child student visa. 

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



© 2006 - 2018 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |