Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
    020 7237 3388
    (UK Local Number, 1p per min)
    ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre,
    Lower Road, London SE16 2XB

What is the success rate of the unmarried partner visa UK?

Card image cap

Unmarried partner visa in the UK is the visa route offered to the unmarried person to come to the United Kingdom. The unmarried visa is also called a UK settlement visa. The unmarried visa allows the unmarried partner to live in the UK with the British partner. If you come to the UK on an unmarried visa, you will be valid to live in the UK for 30 months and can extend for further 30 months. In this case, you must meet the eligibility of the UK unmarried visa extension process. If you would like to apply for the UK partner visa, you must meet the requirements of the unmarried partner visa UK.

How to make a UK unmarried partner visa application?

An unmarried visa is the easiest way to get a settlement status. If you would like to apply for the unmarried partner visa UK, you have to satisfy the unmarried partner visa requirements, such as

  • Apply online and provide valid documents based on the online application field.
  • First of all, you and your partner must be at least 18 years old.
  • You have to prove that you must live together permanently. 
  • You must prove that you have been living together for at least two years in a marriage relationship, and you have to show the document to confirm that.
  • You have to prove that you have a sufficient balance in your account. It means that you have the capability to lead your life in the UK.
  • You must have suitable accommodation for you, your partner and any dependents.
  • You have to meet the English language requirement.
  • Provide a medical test report (Tuberculosis test report).

Unmarried partner visa UK success rate

A partner visa is the easiest way to get permanent residence in the UK. However, whenever you apply for the unmarried partner visa UK, there is no guarantee of a successful application. There are lots of unmarried visa applications that become rejected by the UK Home Office due to the unknown official success rate of the unmarried partner visa category. In addition, unmarried partner visa applications can be rejected for various reasons, for example, if the applicant is ineligible for a visa.

However, most rejections are not due to incompetence but due to lack of evidence. The applicants who are able to meet the requirements, especially if they fail to meet the requirements of the actual relationship. On the other hand, if the application is filled incorrectly or incorrectly, then this visa application may be rejected. The complex nature of the UK immigration system, coupled with the stringent requirements for an unmarried partner visa, means it is very easy for you to make a mistake when applying. In this case, you should get help from an immigration lawyer who has vast knowledge on the unmarried partner visa UK.

Can I apply for a British passport if I come to the UK on unmarried partner visa?

Yes, it is possible to apply for a British passport, but you must maintain the UK immigration process. If you come to the UK on a UK partner visa, you will be primarily eligible to live in the UK for 30 months, and you can extend it for the next 30 months. After five years, you can apply for UK settlement status or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

After approving ILR or settlement status, you must wait for 12 months to apply for British citizenship. If you get British citizenship, then you can apply for a British passport. It is noted that after approving settlement status, you can live in the UK without UK immigration restrictions. If you have a British passport, you can travel to 139 countries without a passport.

What is the financial requirement for the Unmarried Partner visa UK?

Everyone knows that the UK is one of the most expensive country in the world. For this reason, if you would like to live in the UK with your partner, you must meet the financial requirements. There are different ways to meet financial requirements. If you want, you can meet the financial requirement through your salary or self-employed income. 

On the other hand, if you have a sufficient balance in your bank account, you can also meet the financial requirement. Basically, the financial requirement for the unmarried partner visa UK application states that you or your partner have annual income for at least:

  • £18,600 or more.
  • You will need at least £3,800 for a first child (if you have).
  • You will need at least £2,400 for each additional child (if you have).

How does our immigration lawyer help the UK unmarried partner visa applicants?

ICS Legal is a well-established and reputed UK immigration law firm. We have an immigration lawyers team. We handle difficult immigration by the team management. We have already handled almost thousands of national and foreign unmarried partner visa application issues. 

If you need legal advice for immigration matters, you can consult with our adviser. Our adviser provides you legal advice on any particular immigration issues. You can see our review before taking our immigration services. If you need help from ICS Legal, you can see our assessment process and contact us for your expected immigration services.

Related Articles

No more article found!

ICS Legal : UK Immigration Advice | UK Visas | Partners & Marriage Visas | Tier 1 Start-up, Tier 1 Innovator & Tier 1 Investor Visas | British Citizenship. ICS Legal is part of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. The content and the source codes contained in this page and subsequent pages of www.icslegal.com are the property of ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd. Company Reg Company No. 08703375. Company Registered in England & Wales. By logging into the site, you have accepted our terms and conditions and must abide accordingly. Unauthorised reproduction and copying is strictly prohibited. Selective contents of the website have been re-produced in accordance to Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI). ICS Legal Immigration Specialists Ltd holds PSI Licence and licence number is C2009002244. Parliamentary Licence number is P2009000241. 

The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.

Stay in touch

Subscribe to receive our latest immigration alerts