Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Working Visas in the UK >> Intra Company Transfer >&g back button

Most visited:

Tier 2 ICT (Intra Company Transfers)

Tier 2 ICT has become one of the most popular work permit types over the last few years. The Tier 2 ICT visa has been designed for overseas migrants who are highly skilled workers moving from an overseas branch to a company to a UK branch, the company must have a sponsor licence. If you are an employer who is seeking to bring in employees from overseas, click here to read more information on our business help.

There are 4 sub categories on the tier 2 ICT (intra-company transfer) visa

  1. Tier 2 ICT Long-term staff - for established, skilled employees to be transferred to the UK branch with a sponsor licence for more than 12 months. 
  2. Tier 2 ICT Short-term staff - for established, skilled employees to be transferred to the UK branch with a sponsor licence for  12 months or less.
  3. Tier 2 ICT Graduate Trainee - this route allows the transfer of recent graduate employees to a UK branch of the same organisation, as part of a structured graduate training programme.
  4. Tier 2 ICT Skills transfer - this route allows the transfer of new graduate employees to a UK branch of the same organisation to learn the skills and knowledge required to perform their job overseas or the UK.

Can I bring my family on Tier 2 Intra-company transfer

Yes, you will be able to apply for your family member as dependents on the tier 2 ICT. The same work permit conditions will apply If they do apply, their application will be considered separately to yours and the UKBA cannot guarantee that both ICT applications will be successful or that they will be given permission to enter or stay for the same length of time as you. All tier 2 ICT dependants will need to keep sufficient funds in their account.

Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Maintenance

When applying for Tier 2 ICT you must have sufficient amount in your account held for 90 days. The amount held will depend on the number of applicants on the visa.

Tier 2 Intra-company transfer English Requirements

You may not need to score points on English requirements this will depend on your period of stay in the UK. 

Settlement on the Tier 2 intra-company transfer

The Tier 2 ICT does not directly lead to a settlement unless you have entered into the category prior to the Immigration Rule changes. You may be able to combine your immigration category and it is important you seek some specific legal advice, should you decide to apply for indefinite leave to remain. Click here to provide us with details of your enquiry or complete our visa assessment form

Intra Company Transfer Visa Conditions of your stay

If you are granted the Tier 2 ICT visa, the only work you are allowed to do is the job described in your certificate of sponsorship.  Additionally, you will not have access to state benefits, may need to register with police if required and will not be allowed to start or run a business under this visa category. 

You may be able to do an additional job/voluntary work on the ICT. If you require further legal advice on rights and responsibilities as a Tier 2 migrant, you can complete our visa assessment form, by clicking here or you may wish to book a consultation, to speak to one of our immigration lawyers

Change of Tier 2 ICT Employment

If you want to change your job while you are in the UK under Tier 2, you may need to make a 'change of employment' application to extend your permission to stay. A 'change of employment' application is treated in the same way as an initial application under Tier 2.

Tier 2 ICT Refusal

If your ICT application has been refused outside the UK, you will be able to submit an administrative review, You must request the administrative review no more than 28 calendar days after the date when the ICT refusal notice was issued. You can only ask for 1 administrative review for each intra-company transfer application that the UKBA refuse. You should not send any additional documents for the ICT application with your request for a review. If your application has been refused in the UK and you can also complete an administrative review as the right to appeal for these decision has been removed following the changes in the Immigration Act 2014. If you require specific legal advice following a refusal, you should send us your refusal notice to or you can call us on 0207 237 3388. 

ICS Legal has experienced and dealt with the number of changes to the UK Intra company transfer scheme for the last 8 years, Our team of expert immigration advisers are here to support you whatever the case. No case is difficult as long as you have the right representation. We are here to ensure your Tier 2 ICT case is managed efficiently tailored to your needs.

The premium service is available to most visa applications for the Tier 2 ICT visa, This may depend on which category you are switching from. As a legal representative, we have the upper hand in securing an appointment at one of the public enquiry offices in the UK. Please read the same day sections for more information.

It is very important to us before you submit your Tier 2 ICT visa application knowing we have confirmed your level of skills, qualifications etc. 

Call us today on 0207 237 3388 or book in a consultation to get your ICT visa assessment done.


UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |