Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre
Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
ICS Legal, 7 Bell Yard London WC2A 2JR
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Temporary Workers >> Turkish Citizens >&g back button

Most visited:

Turkish Businessperson visa | Turkish Worker visa

Turkish Businessperson visa and Turkish Worker visa are two routes that Turkish nationals can come to the UK and work. This category is somewhat complex and if you require advice and help, please complete our visa assessment form, by clicking here. If you wish to discuss this on the telephone, please call us on 0207 237 3388. 

You can apply for a Turkish Businessperson visa if you’re a Turkish national and you want to:

  • start a new business in the UK;

  • come to the UK to help run an established business.

You must meet the eligibility requirements.

How long it will take
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.

There is no fee for this visa. 

How long you can stay
You can use this visa to stay in the UK for 12 months. You may also be able to extend it for another 3 years.

What you can and can’t do
You can:

  • start a new business in the UK;

  • join an existing business which you will have an active part in running;

  • switch into this visa from another visa category;

  • extend your stay if you’re already in this visa category;

  • bring your family (‘dependants’) with you.

You can’t switch to this visa if you’re already running a business in the UK. You’ll need to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa instead.

You must be a Turkish national and show that:

  • you have a genuine intention to set up a viable business;

  • you’ll be bringing sufficient funds to establish your business;

  • you’ll be able to pay your share of the costs of running the business;

  • your share of the profits will be enough to support you and your family without your needing to have another job

If you want to join an existing partnership or company you must show:

  • you’ll have an active part in running the business;

  • there is a genuine need for your services and investment.

Turkish workers and work visas

You can apply for permission to stay in the UK as a Turkish Worker if you’re a Turkish national and have legally worked in the UK for at least 1 year as:

  • the spouse of a British or settled person without any restrictions on working in the UK;

  • a holder of a work permit allowing you to work in the UK;

  • a student allowed to work 20 hours a week during term time and full-time during vacation periods.

How long you can stay
The length of time you can stay and what job you can do depends on how long you’ve legally worked in the UK. You must apply from within the UK before your current permission to stay expires.

There’s no fee for this application.

What you can and can’t do
You can:

  • include your family (‘dependants’) on this extension if they’re already in the UK, eg your partner and children switch into this category from another visa;

  • switch into this category from another visa.

You can’t:

  • apply to settle in the UK permanently.

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |