Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre
Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
ICS Legal, 7 Bell Yard London WC2A 2JR
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Company / Business Sponsorship Licence >> Applying for a licence >&g back button

Most visited:

Apply for a Tier 2, Tier 4 & Tier 5 Sponsor Licence

At ICS Legal, we don’t just facilitate immigration, we create opportunities for employers, employees as well as educational providers and migrants wishing to come to the UK, simply to study. From individuals and small local businesses to the world’s largest companies, we support all of your immigration needs.

And with us, it’s personal. We get to know you and your goals, then we guide you every step of the way, whether you are a migrant or an employer to get someone who will add value to your business. No matter where you’ve come from, or where you’re going next, Fragomen is here to propel you forward.

The UK Sponsor Licence allows you to recruit migrants from the UK or outside the UK. Contact ICS Legal on 0207 237 3388 or e-mail our Corporate Project Team on

Migrant information
If you intend to sponsor migrants under Tier 2 or Tier 5, you may sometimes need to check how much time they may be allowed to spend in the UK and any other restrictions that may apply to migrants coming to the UK under these tiers.

Sponsorship is based on two principles:

  1. Those who benefit most directly from migration (employers, education providers or other bodies who are bringing in migrants) should play their part in ensuring the system is not abused.

  2. We need to make sure that those applying to come to the UK for work or to study are eligible and that a reputable employer or education provider genuinely wishes to take them on.

A migrant must have a sponsor before they can apply to come to, or remain in the UK for work or study. The same applies where a Croatian national who is already in the UK needs to apply for worker authorisation in the form of a Purple Registration Certificate. The sponsor will be an organisation in the UK that wishes to employ, or provide education to a migrant. 

Sponsorship plays two main roles in a migrant’s application for permission to come to, or remain in the UK to work or study:

  1. It provides evidence that the migrant will fill a genuine vacancy that can’t be filled by a suitably qualified or skilled settled worker, or that they will be studying for an approved qualification.

  2. It involves a pledge from the sponsor that it accepts all of the duties expected when sponsoring the migrant.

When a sponsor is granted a Tier 2 or Tier 5 licence, significant trust is placed in them. With that trust comes a responsibility to act in accordance with the Immigration Rules and the sponsor guidance. Home Office has a duty to ensure that all sponsors discharge these responsibilities, and that a sponsor’s actions (or omissions) do not create a risk to immigration control.

When considering your licence application, we need to establish four things:

  1. Are you a genuine organisation operating lawfully in the UK? To prove this, you must provide certain documents.

  2. Are you honest, dependable and reliable? To judge this, Home Office look at your history and background, the Key Personnel named in your application and any people involved in your day-to-day running. For more information, please see key personnel. 

  3. Are you capable of carrying out your sponsor duties? Home Office judge this by looking at your current human resources and recruitment practices to make sure that you will be able to fulfil your sponsor duties. Home Office may do this by visiting you before your licence is granted. ICS Legal can advise and support you in this process. We have 100% success rates on Sponsor Licence Applications and we have helped a growing number of start-ups, small, medium and large businesses. Click here to view all the corporate clients we have helped

Home Office may also visit you after a licence has been granted and if they have any concerns at that point we may take action against you. 

If you are applying under Tier 2 (General), can you offer genuine employment that meets the Tier 2 (General) skill level and appropriate rates of pay? The skill threshold for Tier 2 (General) employment requires a role to be at or above National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 6 unless any of the exceptions set out under ‘skill level for jobs under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)’ apply.

Home Office may use the information that you provide to us when you apply for a licence or at any time throughout the period of your licence in accordance with the Home Office Personal Information Charter. In certain circumstances details may be passed to other government departments and agencies, local authorities and fraud prevention agencies (such as HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Department of Work and Pensions and Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance System (CIFAS)) for immigration purposes, the prevention of fraud and criminality and/or to help them carry out their functions. ICS Legal offers continuous guidance and compliance support. Click here to read more information on how we provide this service

Home Office will then carry out an assessment to ensure that you meet the HR requirements. This would include you to provide information and documents where required. Home Office will then ask for the required documents depending on the type of organisation. Complete the application form, and prepare the bundle to be sent to the Home Office. 

The appropriate fee would be taken the prior submission. Home Office will then be in regular contact with you and the Home Office once the submission is made. Home Office process your application, making any checks that are necessary (Home Office will not duplicate checks that we have already made, however, they still can do checks where required). The Home Office send you notification of their decision. 

If Home Office give you a licence, your organisation name and rating are published on their register of sponsors. If Home Office give you a licence, you will be able to issue certificates of sponsorship using the sponsorship management system. If you have a specific query about your particular application, you can contact our team Click here 


UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |