Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents
This is advice for visa customers and applicants in the UK, visa customers outside of the UK and British nationals overseas who need to apply for a passport affected by travel restrictions associated with coronavirus.
You can speak to our dedicated Client Support Team on 0207 237 3388 about your legal status in the UK.
Here are some important elements to consider post the temp concession policies:
- The Home Office only permitting a period of leave until 31st August 2020 and you must then depart from the UK.
- There are struct policies and you must adhere to those.
- Leaving the UK is important, as overstaying in the UK can result in a ban. Whilst you have been allowed to stay during the temporary measures, you must leave the UK now.
- Those who are on long term visas or residency permits, do not benefit from these provisions. This can cause breaks in your residency also referred as lawful residency. This was a temporary measure in place, to avoid those who were leaving the UK, to stay here until it was safe to return.
- If you decide to stay in the UK, you should apply for the necessary leave to remain in the UK. You’ll also be able to submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.
- You’ll need to meet the requirements of the route you’re applying for and pay the UK application fee. This includes those whose leave expires before 31 August 2020.
- If your visa or leave expired between 24 January 2020 and 31 August 2020 there will be no future adverse immigration consequences if you didn’t make an application to regularise your stay during this period. However, you must now do so by 31 August 2020 or make arrangements to leave the UK.
- If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents. This will mean you do not have to attend a UKVCAS or an SSC service point appointment to provide biometric information. If you cannot send the information through the instructions given, you’ll be able to book an appointment.
Email us your details to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would be able to use the information and advise on the right pathway to follow.