The UK Visas and Immigration biometric enrolment centres in Christchurch and Wellington will be closed from 23 December 2016 to 5 January 2017.
The Auckland office will be open on 23 and 28 to 30 December 2016.
All offices will be open as normal from 6 January 2017.
You should allow additional time for the processing of your visa application during this period.
New Zealand Post often experiences delays during December, so customers are advised to apply for their visa as early as possible at this time, but no more than 3 months before their intended arrival date in the UK.
Pay your fee
Table of Contents
Follow the instructions when you apply online to pay your visa fee. If you wish to use the priority visa service, you will be required to pay an additional fee.
Priority visa service
You can pay an additional fee to fast track your application and have your visa application placed at the front of the processing queue. This service is available for all visa categories.
Using the priority visa service is optional and does not imply or guarantee that a visa application will be successful. All visa applicants must meet the requirements of the UK Immigration Rules. The fee for the priority visa service and the visa application fee are not refundable if your visa application is refused.
The priority visa service fee is £360 for the 10 working day settlement priority service and £120 for the 5 working day service for all other applications.
You can pay for the priority visa service online on the VFS Global payment website before visiting the biometric enrolment centre.
You should bring your priority visa service receipt with you when you visit the biometric enrolment centre and attach it to the front of your application when you post it.
Priority visa service processing times
We aim to process all non-settlement priority visa service applications made in New Zealand within 5 working days and all settlement applications made in New Zealand within 10 working days of receipt at our application processing centre in Manila, The Philippines.
The processing time does not include transit to and from our centre in Manila. This will vary depending on your postal address.
Your application may take longer if you:
- do not include the priority service receipt with your application, or you submit it afterwards. Please ensure this receipt is stapled to the front of the application form
- are a dual national
- have previously been refused a visa for the UK
- have previously been refused leave to enter the UK
- have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK
- have overstayed a period of leave in the UK
- have previously been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America or the Schengen countries
- have been convicted of a criminal offence in any country
- do not submit all relevant documentation with your application
If you wish to apply for a UK Visa from New Zealand, you can contact us on 0207 237 3388 or e-mail us your questions & details to email@example.com.