Visa premium service centres

You must go in person to a premium service centre if you want to apply to extend your visa or to settle in the UK and get a decision on the same day. You must be applying from within the UK to use this service. Most applications are processed the same day if you bring all the information needed to your appointment.


You must pay £500 to apply at a premium service centre, in addition to the standard application fee and the healthcare surcharge (if you need to pay it).

You don’t have to pay the premium service fee if you’re applying for anEuropean Economic Area (EEA) registration certificate or to work in the UK as a Croatian national.

Your application may take longer than a day if extra checks are needed. If your application is delayed for other reasons, eg IT problems or a fire evacuation, you may be able to get a refund of the premium service fee.

You won’t get a refund of the fee if you haven’t paid the correct amount of healthcare surcharge before your appointment.

Not all types of application can be made in person.

Contact ICS Legal on 0207 237 3388 to book your visa premium appointment or e-mail us your details including the type of application you wish to apply under on 

At your appointment

You must arrive for a security check 15 minutes before your appointment.

After the security check, you must provide the following at the reception:

  • your payment confirmation
  • your completed application form
  • all necessary supporting documents for your visa application
  • your IHS reference number (if you need one)

If your appointment is outside office hours, you’ll need to take a credit or debit card to pay the £63 fee.

Your ‘biometric information’ such as fingerprints and a photograph will be taken at your appointment.

Who should come with you

Any dependants named on your application must come with you to your appointment.

You can also bring any other people you need at your appointment, eg carers, family members or legal representatives.

How long it takes

You’ll be told on the day:

  • how long it’ll take to process your application (most applications are processed within 2 hours 30 minutes)
  • whether your application can be processed that day – and, if it can’t, what your options are

If your application can be completed that day:

  • your documents will be given back to you
  • your biometric residence permit will be ordered (it will take 7 to 10 days to arrive)

You can wait while your application is being processed, or leave and come back later.

Your biometric residence permit will be sent to your home address unless you tell the premium service centre to send it somewhere else.

If your appointment is cancelled

Your appointment may be cancelled and you won’t get a refund of the £100 booking fee if you:

  • applied to use the service but weren’t eligible
  • didn’t bring the right documents or a completed application form
  • cancelled your appointment too late – unless there were exceptional circumstances, eg a medical emergency or severe weather
  • didn’t pay the correct fees
  • didn’t pay the healthcare surcharge (or didn’t pay the right amount) and you weren’t exempt from paying.

When you can’t use the service

You can’t use the premium service if you’re applying under Tier 1 (Investor).

You can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re:

  • a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor
  • a Turkish business person
  • a self-employed lawyer
  • applying under Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
  • applying under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
  • applying for Stage 1 endorsement under Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
  • a seaman
  • a Gurkha
  • a retired person of independent means
  • an elderly dependant
  • someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances
  • someone whose case isn’t covered by the Immigration Rules
  • sponsored by a member of staff at a premium service centre
  • applying for a Home Office travel document
  • applying for naturalisation or registration as a UK national
  • applying as a victim of domestic violence
  • applying for an European Economic Area (EEA) residence card or permanent residence card
  • applying for an EEA registration certificate as an unmarried partner
  • applying for an EEA registration certificate and you’re not a qualified person
  • applying for proof of a right of abode

You also can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re applying for discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection unless:

  • you’re applying under the transitional arrangements to extend your discretionary leave after 3 years
  • you’re applying to settle in the UK after 6 years discretionary leave

Applying for registration certificates

EEA nationals

If you’re an EEA national you can’t include your family in your application. They must apply separately by post as an EEA family member or an EEAextended family member.

Croatian nationals

If you’re a Croatian national, you can only include your EEA family in your application if they’re your:

  • spouse or civil partner
  • child or grandchild aged under 21

Family who aren’t EEA nationals, other relatives and unmarried partners must apply by post as non-EEA family of a Croatian national.

Applying to settle if you’ve spent time in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man

You can’t apply in person if you’re applying for settlement in one of the categories below, and your continuous residence period includes time spent in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

The categories are:

  • tiers 1, 2, 4 and 5
  • work outside the points-based system, eg work permit holder, overseas domestic worker in a private household
  • UK ancestry

Applying on behalf of other people

You usually can’t apply on behalf of someone else at a premium service centre.

In exceptional circumstances (eg if someone is physically unable to attend for health reasons) you can submit an application on another person’s behalf if you’re their husband, wife, civil partner, sister, brother, parent or legal guardian. You must carry a letter of authorisation signed by the applicant.

Legal representatives can’t use the premium service on behalf of clients unless they’re registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner and have sent the Home Office a written request.