Choosing the correct English language test providers

Choosing the correct English language test providers

If the visa you are applying for asks you to prove your English language ability, you should use the approved English Language tests list document. The guide for your visa category will also show details of the level of test you must pass.

If you are applying from the following countries you should use this list to find out information on how to book a secure English language test.

  • Aruba
  • Benin
  • Bermuda
  • French Polynesia
  • Greenland
  • Guam
  • Guinea
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Mali
  • Mauritania
  • Netherlands Antilles
  • Nicaragua
  • Northern Mariana Islands
  • Swaziland
  • Tajikistan
  • Togo
  • Virgin Islands
  • West Bank

The arrangement that the Home Office had with Educational Testing Service (ETS) to provide Secure English Language Testing (SELT) ended on 5 April 2014.

As a result Home Office have suspended accepting ETS tests as evidence of English language ability from new applicants. If you wish to make an application you should read the list of providers and take a test with an alternative provider. If you would like to confirm the English language test you need to complete, please contact on 0207-237-3388 or e-mail us at