Go to your appointment
Table of Contents
You must book your biometric appointment at a US Department of Homeland Security application support centre (ASC) when you apply online. This is to have your photo and fingerprints taken (known as ‘biometric information’).
When you visit the ASC for your biometrics appointment, please take your current passport, a print out of your application form and a copy of your biometric confirmation receipt. You can print your receipt when you apply online.
Mobile phones, cameras and other recording devices are not permitted inside the ASC.
Visa application process for children under 5
Children under the age of 5 applying for a UK visa from within the United States will also need to attend an appointment at an ASC. At the appointment, children under the age of 5 will have their photograph taken but will not be required to provide their fingerprints.
To have your documents returned you must provide a fully addressed prepaid electronic shipping label (we cannot accept ground services and non-electronic waybills). Put your return shipping label and envelope inside the package, and keep a copy of the waybill for your records.
Priority visa service
This is an optional service where you can pay an extra fee to fast track your application and have your visa application processed ahead of non priority applications.
You must pay for the priority visa service online on the VFS Global website before you post your application. The VFS ‘User pay services’ page contains further information on how to apply, the fee and how to pay for this service.
You should print off the receipt and include it with your application when you post it to one of the addresses above, writing the words ‘priority service’ in large black print on the outer envelope.
You cannot purchase the priority service at the ASC.
Super priority and premium visa services: New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Miami and Chicago
The super priority and premium visa services enable customers to receive a decision on their application within 24 hours.
These services are currently only available for applicants applying at the premium application centres in New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Miami and Chicago. They are not available through an ASC.
The VFS premium application centre page contains further information on how to apply, the fees and how to pay for each service.
Who can use these services?
Customers and their dependants applying in one of the following immigration routes are eligible:
- Tourist and short stay (visitor) visas
- Points-based system Tier 2 and Tier 5 applicants with authority to be living in the USA
- Point-based system Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) if you are currently in the USA for a similar purpose to take up in the UK
- Points-based system Tier 5 (Temporary worker – Creative and Sporting) if currently in the USA for a similar purpose to take up in the UK
- Points-based system Tier 4 student visas – for applicants who are resident in the USA and are subject to different document requirements under Tier 4 of the Points-based system
Your appointment will only be confirmed and your application accepted when you have paid the correct fee.
You should read and sign the terms and conditions before applying and submit the signed copy with your visa application.
UKVI strongly recommends that customers with any form of adverse immigration history do not purchase these services or packages. Using the priority or super priority visa service does not guarantee or imply in any way that your visa application will be successful. All applicants must meet the requirements of the relevant UK Immigration Rules.
The fee for the priority service and the visa application fee are not refundable if your visa application is refused.
Your application may take longer if you:
- do not include the priority service receipt with your application, or submit it afterwards
- do not write ‘priority service’ clearly on the outer envelope
- send your application to the wrong location
- have previously been refused a visa for the UK, or refused leave to enter the UK
- have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK
- have overstayed a period of leave in the UK
- have previously been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America or the Schengen countries
- have been convicted of a criminal offence in any country
- do not submit all relevant documentation with your application
If you are applying for a UK Visa from outside the UK and need ICS Legal help to complete the application process, we can do this at a fixed fee. Send us details of the application you wish to apply under to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team on 0207 237 3388.