Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Temporary Workers >> Youth Mobility Scheme >&g back button

Most visited:

Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa | Temporary Work Visa

You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you:

  • want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years;

  • are aged 18 to 30;

  • have £1,890 in savings;

  • have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries

  • meet the other eligibility requirements.

You need to be sponsored if you’re from Hong Kong, the Republic of Korea or Taiwan.

How long it will take
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the date you travel to the UK. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.

It costs £225 to apply. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

How long you can stay
You’ll be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months. You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay. If you turn 31 while you’re in the UK, you can stay for as long as your visa is valid.

What you can and can’t do
You can:

  • the study - for some courses, you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate;

  • work in most jobs;

  • be self-employed and set up a company - as long as your premises are rented, your equipment isn’t worth more than £5,000 and you don’t have any employees.

You can’t:

  • work as a professional sportsperson (eg as a coach), doctor or dentist in training - unless you can show you qualified in the UK;

  • extend your stay;

  • get public funds;

  • bring in family members on your application - they must apply separately.

You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you’re aged 18 to 30 and you’re from:

  • Australia.

  • Canada.

  • Japan.

  • Monaco.

  • New Zealand.

  • Hong Kong.

  • The Republic of Korea.

  • Taiwan.

You can also apply if you’re 18 to 30 and a:

  • British overseas citizen.

  • British overseas territories citizen.

  • British national (overseas).

You can’t apply if you have:

  • children who live with you;

  • children, you’re financially responsible for already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category.

You must have £1,890 in savings.

Sponsorship: citizens of Hong Kong, the Republic of Korea and Taiwan
You must get a certificate of sponsorship reference number before you apply. A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you will do and your personal details. It’s not a certificate or paper document. You must apply for your visa within 3 months of receiving your certificate of sponsorship.

Apply for a certificate of sponsorship in:

  • Hong Kong.

  • The Republic of Korea.

  • Taiwan.

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |