Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal, Suite 11, City Business Centre
Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
ICS Legal, 7 Bell Yard London WC2A 2JR
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Working Visas in the UK >> Post Study Workers >&g back button

Most visited:

Tier 1 Post-Study Work Visa {Category Closed}


The Tier 1 Post-study work category previously allowed the UK to retain the ablest International (non-European) graduates who have studied here. It also enhances the UK's overall offer to international students. However, the category has now been closed since April 2012. 

ICS Legal is part of a campaign to bring back this category and we have been writing to both the MP's as well as to Theresa May. We have been contacted by a number of local and national newspapers to give our views and we hope the UK Government will see that students support the well-being of the UK and its economy. 


Rights under the Tier 1 post study work visa

During your permission to stay under Tier 1 Post-study work, you can look for work without needing to have a sponsor.

The category provides a bridge to highly skilled or skilled work. If we give you permission to stay as a post-study worker, we expect that you will switch into another tier of the points-based system as soon as you can.

Before you apply, you must read the Tier 1 Post-study work policy guidance, which you can find on the right side of this page. The policy guidance is based on Part 6A of the Immigration Rules.

Do you need a Tier 1 Post-study work visa to come to the UK?

Tier 1 Post-study work is part of our points-based system, which is for migrants from outside Europe. You do not need to apply under the points-based system if:

  • you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland - the European nationals section describes your right to work in the UK;

  • you are a British overseas territories citizen unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;

  • you are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here - the UK ancestry section explains how you can apply;

  • your partner or (if you are under 18) one of your parents has permission to stay in the UK under Tier 1 Post-study work - you should apply as their dependent; or

  • you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.

You may also like:


If you are a Tier 4 Student and would like to be part of our national campaign, please e-mail us your details including details of how it is impacting your employment prospect, please e-mail us on or call us on 0207 237 3388. 

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |