Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Working Visas in the UK >> Exceptional Talent >> Family Members >&g back button

Most visited:

Exceptional Talent

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) family members

Your family members (dependants) must apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

A dependant is any of the following:

  • your partner

  • your child under 18

  • your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant

They also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of their application.

Dependants applying outside the UK

Your family members must apply online (unless you’re applying from North Korea)

They need to have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of their application.

They have to collect their biometric residence permit within 10 days of when they said they’d arrive in the UK.

They may be able to get their visa faster or get other services depending on what country they’re in - check with the visa application centre.

North Korea

Your family members can’t apply online if they’re applying from North Korea.

Each family member will need to make their own application. They must:

Dependants applying in the UK

You can include dependants in your online application to extend or switch to a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if they want to do it at the same time as you.

If they want to extend or switch their visa at a different time, they can:

  • apply online - dependant partner application

  • apply online - dependant child application

  • download the paper form

  • apply in person for the premium service

Biometric information

Each person applying must also provide their biometric information (fingerprints and a photo).

They can give their biometric information at:

Children born while you’re in the UK

If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.

You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with them.

When you apply, send a full UK birth certificate for each child showing the names of both parents.

You can:

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |