Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Studying in the UK >> Study for visitors >&g back button

Most visited:

Study for visitors

The rules limit visitors to a maximum period of 30 days study, where the study is not the main purpose for which the visitor is coming to the UK.

For example, where the visitor is coming to the UK for a holiday and undertaking an English language course. The permitted 30 days can either be in one period or multiple periods totalling no more than 30 days, for example, a study on 30 separate days.

 Where an individual is coming to undertake a period of study in excess of the permitted 30 day period or study is the main purpose in coming to the UK, they should apply under the short-term study route.

To get help for applying for Short-term Study Visa
Talk to our experts and get the right advice first time, every time.


Long-term visit visa holders

A visitor who holds a long-term, multiple-entry visit visa may wish occasionally to come to the UK solely to study for a short period of time (up to 30 days). This can include but is not limited to, people who are pursuing a course of study overseas(including a UK course by distance learning) who are required study in the UK as part of this.

Since a person cannot hold 2 forms of leave at a time, a long-term visit visa holder cannot be granted a visa or leave to study as a short-term student without their long-term visit visa being cancelled, if the validity of the long-term visit visa and the short-term study leave are concurrent. A long-term visit visa holder may, therefore, be permitted occasionally to enter solely to take a course or period of study.

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |