Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> European Citizens >> Worker Registration Scheme >&g back button

Most visited:

The worker registration scheme

The Worker Registration Scheme closed on 30 April 2011. If you are a national of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia or Slovenia, you do not need to obtain our permission before you can work in the UK.

If you intend to apply for permanent residence & British Nationality, there is a legal requirement to provide the evidence. Contact ICS Legal on 0207 237 3388 or see our British Nationality pages, by clicking here. 

How the scheme operated and who was required to register

The Worker Registration Scheme was introduced in 2004 when new countries joined the European Union. It allows us to monitor where citizens of those countries (except Malta and Cyprus) are coming into our labour market, the type of work they are doing, and the impact this has on our economy.

You will normally have to register under the Worker Registration Scheme if you wish to work for an employer in the United Kingdom for more than one month and are a citizen of:

  • Czech Republic;

  • Estonia;

  • Hungary;

  • Latvia;

  • Lithuania;

  • Poland;

  • Slovakia; or

  • Slovenia.

Once you have been working in the United Kingdom legally for 12 months without a break in employment, you will no longer have to register on the Worker Registration Scheme. You can then obtain a residence permit confirming your right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Employers also have obligations under the Worker Registration Scheme. Employment agencies should know the rules about the advice they can legally give to workers.


UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |