Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Births, deaths, marriages and care >> What corrections can be made >&g back button

Most visited:

What corrections can be made

Corrections can only be made when the information in a marriage register is wrong (eg a mistake was made when recording a person’s occupation).

You can’t apply for a correction to show new information if circumstances change after the marriage.

You’ll need to find out if the mistake was made when entering information in the marriage register or just on the marriage certificate. To do this contact:

  • the register office where your civil marriage took place

  • the officer who was responsible for registering your religious marriage or the person who is responsible now

If the mistake is only on the marriage certificate

If the details in the register are correct, and the mistake was made when copying the details from the register onto the certificate, you can order a new copy of the certificate.

If the mistake is in the original registration

You’ll need to apply to the General Register Office (GRO) to make this correction.

The original information will always be shown in the marriage register. After the correction has been authorised, a note will be added to the margin of the register. This will explain what the correct information is and when the correction was made.


If you want further advice on applying to make a correction.            Contact Us Now


UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |