Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Temporary Workers >> Switching into the Tier 5 ( Temporary W orker) >&g back button

Most visited:

Switching into the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker)

Sports or entertainer visitors, or visitors (excluding visitors for permitted paid engagements, marriage or civil partnerships or transit) who entered the UK undertaking permitted activities in the sports or creative sectors on or after 24 April 2015, are allowed to switch into the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Creative and Sporting sub-category if they have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship that was assigned to them before they came to the United Kingdom.

Qualifying Work Permit Holders are allowed to switch into theTier 5 (Temporary Worker) international agreement sub-category provided their Certificate of Sponsorship shows that they are being sponsored as an overseas government employee in the international agreement subcategory and they will be continuing in employment with the same organisation.

Overseas Government Employees (granted under paragraphs 160-162 and 164-165 of the Immigration Rules) are allowed to switch into the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) –InternationalAgreements sub-category of the Points-Based System.

Qualifying Work Permit Holders are allowed to switch into the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) GovernmentAuthorised Exchange sub category provided they were previously issued with a work permit for the purpose of employment as a sponsored researcher and have been granted a Certificate of Sponsorship to continue this employment.

Students (paragraphs 57-62 of the Immigration Rules), Students Re-Sitting an Examination (69A-69F), Student Nurses (63- 67), Student Union Sabbatical Officers(87A-87F), People Writing up thesis, PostgraduateDoctors and Dentists or Tier 4 (General) Migrants (245ZT-245ZY) can apply to switch into the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) GovernmentAuthorised Exchange sub-category provided them:

  • have lawfully obtained a UK bachelors, masters degree, PGCEor PGDEduring their last grant of leave; and

    • are being sponsored to undertake postgraduate professional training or work experience which is required to obtain a 
      professional qualification or registration in the same professional field as their qualification described above; or

    • are being sponsored to undertake an internship for up to12 months which is directly related to the qualification described above;

  • and will not be filling a vacancy such that their employer does not intend to employ them at the end of the period of work experience or training.

All  other switching into Tier 5 (Temporary Worker), or between sub categories of Tier 5 (Temporary Worker), is not permitted

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |