Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> UK Visas >> Return home if you are in the UK illegally or have claimed asylum >&g back button

Most visited:

You must return to your home country if you’re in the UK illegally or your leave to remain has expired.

You can get some help if you’re over 18 and any of the following apply:

  • you’ve been refused leave to enter, or remain in, the UK

  • you’re in a family group with a child under 18 and are in the UK illegally

  • you’ve withdrawn, or want to withdraw, your application to extend your leave to remain because you want to return to your home country

  • you’ve claimed asylum

This is known as ‘voluntary return’.

Getting financial help and extra support

You apply in a different way if you’re eligible for financial help and extra support. You’re eligible if:

  • you’re waiting for a decision on an asylum application

  • you’ve been refused asylum and have appealed, or are appealing, against the decision

  • you’ve been refused asylum, and any appeals you’ve made have also been refused

  • you’ve never previously withdrawn an asylum application

  • you’re part of a family group that will travel together, including someone under 18 years old

  • you’re under 18 and travelling alone

  • you have a letter from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) confirming you’re a victim of trafficking

  • you need more help with your return - for example, because you have a medical condition

  • you were given temporary (‘discretionary’) leave to remain in the UK outside the Immigration Rules, but the leave has now expired

This is known as ‘assisted return’. You can’t apply for this if you:

  • are currently being investigated by the police or detained by the Home Office

  • have been given a prison sentence that’s 12 months or longer

  • have been convicted of an immigration offence and given a deportation order

  • have already been given humanitarian protection, indefinite leave to remain or refugee status

  • have been told by UKVI that you are a ‘third country case’

  • are a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national (unless you have a letter from UKVI confirming you are a victim of trafficking)

Help with 'voluntary return'

You can get help if you’re making your own plans to return to your home country.

Contact the voluntary returns service to find out:

  • what help you can get

  • how long it’ll take to arrange your return

You’ll need to tell them:

  • your Home Office reference (if you know it)

  • your full name, date of birth and nationality

  • your telephone number and current address

  • details of the travel document you hold (for example, a passport or emergency travel document), and whether it’s valid

  • if you have any dependants under 18

If your passport or travel document is being held by the Home Office, it will be returned to you at the airport when you leave the UK.

Apply for 'assisted return'

If you’re eligible, you can apply for:

  • up to £2,000 which you can use to find somewhere to live, find a job or start a business in your home country

  • help applying for your travel documents

  • help booking your flight


UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |