Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling >> If your degree was taught or researched in English >&g back button

If your degree was taught or researched in English

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

If you have a degree from a UK university, you only need your original degree certificate.

If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

  • an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English

  • an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

If you’ve lost your certificate or you’re waiting for graduation

You must have proof that you’ve passed your degree. This can be either:

  • an original and official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award

  • an original and official letter from your university confirming it can’t reissue your certificate or when it will be issued

Your letter must include:

  • your name

  • your degree

  • the date the degree was or will be awarded

Get in touch!

We strongly advise UK employers to seek legal advice to secure the rights of their EEA workers.

Call us on 0207 237 3388
Email your enquiry
Follow us on Twitter

REQUEST A CALL BACK or we can call you!
at a suitable time

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |