Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Births, deaths, marriages and care >> Correct a death registration >&g back button

Most visited:

What corrections can be made

You can’t change a death certificate once it’s been issued, but you can apply to get a note added to the original entry in the death register.

You can then get an updated certificate issued that shows this note.

Corrections to a death registration can only be made when the information is wrong (eg a mistake in spelling a person’s name).

Who to apply to

You can either apply for a correction to:

  • the register office where the death was registered - for minor mistakes in a date of death, birthplace or address

  • the General Register Office (GRO) - for mistakes involving things like names

Talk to our experts and get the right advice first time, every time.

What the correction looks like

The original information will always be shown in the death register. After the correction has been authorised, a note will be added to the margin of the register. This will explain what the correct information is and when the correction was made.

If you apply for a new death certificate, the note containing the correct information will be in the margin.

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |