Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Births, deaths, marriages and care >> Correct a birth registration >&g back button

Most visited:

What corrections can be made

You can apply for a birth registration correction when the information is wrong - for example if a mistake was made when recording a parent’s occupation.

You can’t apply for a correction to show new information if circumstances change after you’ve registered your child’s birth, for example if you change your name after getting married again.

However, you can apply to re-register the birth if the natural parents get married at a later date.

Where to apply

In England and Wales you can apply for a correction to either:

  • the register office where your child’s birth was registered - for minor mistakes in a parent’s occupation, birthplace or address

  • the General Register Office (GRO) - for mistakes involving things like names

Removing the wrong father’s details

You can only apply to change who the father is if a DNA test proves (or a court order says) that the man named on the certificate isn’t the natural father.

Who can apply

The following people can apply for a correction:

  • the mother

  • the father (if his details are on the certificate)

Talk to our experts and get the right advice first time, every time.

Removing the wrong father’s details

It’s not always necessary for the named father to take part in the correction process. The General Register Office (GRO) can correct the entry if 2 of the following people apply to have it changed:

  • the mother

  • the natural father

  • the man named on the birth certificate as the father

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |