Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> UK Visas >> Apply for a Returning Resident visa >&g back button

Most visited:

Apply to return back to the UK | Returning Resident

The Home Office enable those who held a Settled status to return back to the UK, so long you are able to comply and provide documentation proving your circumstances to return. 

Do note you must not be absent away from the UK for more then 2 years, however if this was to exceed the Home Office do consider circumstances under exceptional grounds. 

Making the application: 

You must:

  • plan to return to live in the UK permanently

  • have been settled in the UK before you last left

  • not have been given public funds to help you leave the UK

If you’ve been away for more than 2 years

The Home Office may not grant a Returning Resident visa unless you’re also able to show the exceptional personal circumstances have led to you being out of the country for this long.

You must provide enough evidence to show:

  • your strong family ties to the UK

  • you lived in the UK most of your life

  • your current circumstances and why you’ve lived outside the UK

You won’t lose your Settled Status after 2 years outside the UK if your spouse or partner is a member of the UK Armed Forces and you’ve joined them on an overseas posting.

You also won’t lose it if your spouse or partner is a British citizen or settled in the UK and one of the following:

  • a permanent member of the Diplomatic Service

  • a UK-based British Council employee who works outside the UK

  • a Department for International Development (DFID) employee

  • a Home Office employee

Speak to one of our advisors and get more information, 0207 237 3388. 

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |