Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Visiting the UK >> Marriage Visitor Visa >&g back button

Most visited:

Marriage Visitor Visa

Applicants must apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa if they want to get married or register for a civil partnership in the UK, want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in the UK.

However, it is still possible to apply for a specific Marriage Visitor Visa which allows applicants to enter the UK to marry or enter into a Civil Partnership without seeking any further leave to remain. For example, this visa would be perfect for applicants with a specific desire to get married in a romantic Scottish castle! Both parties to the marriage are required to leave the UK at the end of their visa.

Marriage Visitor Visa Basic Requirements

To qualify for a Marriage Visitor visa, the following requirements must be met.

  • applicants must be 18 years or over;

  • applicants must be in a genuine relationship;

  • applicants must be free to give notice of marriage or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months or arrival;

  • applicants must intend to visit the UK for less than 6 months and intend to leave at the end of their visit;

  • applicants must be able to support themselves without working or recourse to public funds;

  • applicants must be able to meet the cost of return or onward journey.

Marriage Visitor Visa Entitlements

This visa entitles holders to visit the UK for up to a maximum of six (6) months allowing them to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK during the six (6) month period.

Contact ICS Legal on 0207 237 3388 to get some initial legal advice or simply complete our visa assessment form, by clicking here. 

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2020 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |