Legal enquiry
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Your enquiry:
ICS Legal - Immigration advisory services
request call back
ICS Legal is a OISC Regulated organisation F201300789, we are not affiliated with any government organisation, including the UKBA.Use our Contact Form for a free assessment.Please speak to us for more information on 0207 237 3388.
Full Name:
Telephone No:
Call back time:
Call back date:
ICS Legal - UK immigration advisory services
Immigration Lawyers | Immigration & Visa Specialists | Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm |
London Office ICS Legal Suite 11, City Business Centre
Canada Water Lower Road, London SE16 2XB.
Sylhet Office Tech ICS West World, 6th floor Office 712-713
Jallarpar Road, Zindabazar Sylhet.Tel: 01762 062 834.
020 7237 3388
Advanced Search
Index >> Partners and Families >&g back button

Most visited:

UK Family Visas

UK visa, or spouse visa, enables your husband, wife or civil partner to apply for leave to enter, or leave to remain in the UK on the basis that they are married to a person who is present and settled in Britain. People who viewed this page also found our advice on fiance visas helpful.

The new specified evidences under Appendix FM are required to be supplied or the visa application is refused. To get expert legal advice, contact our team on 0207 237 3388 or e-mail us your query on To get a free case assessment and whether you meet the published requirements, complete our visa assessment form

Both parties in the marriage have to be 18 before a marriage visa can be issued. Your spouse must apply for entry clearance for the UK marriage visa before travelling to complete their immigration to UK. If you intend to bring your unmarried partner to join you, please refer to our section detailing the requirements for making a UK Fiancé visa application. Spouse visa holders are eligible to work or study in the UK as soon as their visa has been granted.

A UK spouse visa allows a person with settled status in Great Britain to bring their spouse to join them in the Country. The applicant will be able to seek and take up employment in the United Kingdom as soon as the document is granted without the need to arrange a UK work permit. British spouse visa do not place any restrictions upon the type of work that can be undertaken.

Initially UK marriage visa for spouse immigration are issued for a 30 months. After this time, new changes means the spouse visa has to be extended and then after completing 5 years on a UK spouse visa, then a person can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) commonly known as permanent residency in the UK. 

This section also explains how people from overseas can come to or remain in the United Kingdom as the partners (spouse visa), fiance visa, children and/or elderly dependent relatives of people who are already in the United Kingdom or are coming here in a different category.

The following pages will be useful, if you decide to apply under any of these routes:

  1. If you are planning to marry in the UK, then you need to read our fiance visa page, click here to be directed.

  2. If you have lived together for 2 years, then you can apply under the un-married partner category, click here to read more information on this partner visa category. 

  3. Where you have married legally outside the UK, then you need to apply for a partner visa, click here to read more information. 

  4. Applying for indefinite leave to remain would be your last application if you are under any of these categories, click here to read more information. 

Please remember all of the pages on our website including under this section are provided with no legal warranty and are to be used as general information and does not substitute legal advice. Call ICS Legal on 0207 237 3388 or complete our contact form by clicking here

UK Visas & Immigration Services | ICS Legal



Developed and Managed by Tech ICS © 2006 - 2019 Copyrights ICS LEGAL IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS LTD | All rights reserved | UK immigration advice | Marriage Visa | British Citizenship | Tier 1 HSMP |